State Transport Laws
CT Law 1976
MA Law 1977
MD Law 2006
MN Law 1983
NY Law 1980
PA Law 2001
RI Law 2008
VA Law 1987
Transport Related Violations
IN Horse Transport Law SB86
Shop online at IGive.com with over 400 great stores you know & love- including Back In the Saddle! Up to 26% of the purchase price is donated to the EPN!
The EPN gets $5 extra the first time you shop!PayPal accepts credit cards! Please send your tax deductible donation to the:
Equine Protection Network, Inc.,
VT Horse Transport Law
(a) Every vehicle utilized for the transportation of more than seven horses on the highway shall meet the following requirements:
(1) there shall be at least two doors for loading and unloading, which shall not be on the same side;
(2) loading ramps shall be provided if the vertical distance from the floor of the truck to the ground is greater than 15 inches;
(3) the interior compartment construction shall be of smooth material with no hazardous, sharp protrusions;
(4) there shall be sufficient openings to ensure adequacy of ventilation;
(5) partitions shall be placed in compartments having no stalls;
(6) doorways shall be of sufficient height to allow safe loading and unloading; and
(7) compartment height shall be sufficient to allow clearance of the poll and withers of each horse loaded.
(b) Vehicles under this section shall have no more than one tier in compartments carrying horses.
(c) The commissioner shall establish rules for compliance with the provisions of this subchapter.
(d) Failure to comply with this section, or the rules
established thereunder, is a violation of subdivision
The trailer pictured BELOW, is a
straight deck SINGLE tier trailer.
This is NOT a double decker,"possum belly" or "pot".
is a single tier trailer used to
transport horses to slaughter.
The truck is a Western Star conventional
with a sleeper.
This is NOT a double decker or a "possum belly".
Contact us to find out how you can have our billboard near you!